Financial help for distressed California home owners is here

It’s bad enough to be saddled with a house you can no longer afford, never mind other expenses we all incur every time we have to move to a new place.  The State of California is now offering a bit of assistance to ease that pain.  But a bit, I mean precisely $5,000.  Not huge in the grand scheme of things, but very useful when we need it most.

This assistance is being offered through California’s Keep Your Home California Transition Assistance Program (TAP)

Here is how it works:

If you can no longer afford your homes and your are pursuing a short sale or a deed in lieu of foreclosure, you may be eligible for financial help for relocation expenses.

To qualify, you would need to agree to maintain the property until it’s sold or returned to the lender via a negotiated deed in lieu of foreclosure.

Note that these State funds may be used in addition to any other transition assistance that you may receive by participating in the Federal Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) program or in any other pre-offer short sale program.

To learn more about the Transition Assistance Program’s guidelines, and how you may qualify, give me a call or fill out this short form below and I’ll send you the information on this program as well as any assistance your lender could be offering at the moment (so long as you tell me which bank your mortgage is with).

There is absolutely no obligation to hire us and our involvement, should you choose to hire us, comes at zero cost to you.  Nor will we question anything or make you uncomfortable in any way.  We’ve been helping people get out of lousy situations for a while now and we are pretty darn good at it.

Placer Living Team-

Leave a Reply